Lance, the Eco-Warrior who goes by LoonyK in the blogosphere
One of my best friends and I love nerds. Here’s why.
Why Lynne loves nerds:
- “There’s a kind of vulnerability about them… They are emotionally accessible.”
- “They aren’t vain. They are oblivious to their appeal.”
- “The nerds I’ve met are passionate about what they do.”
Why I love nerds:
- Something about a guy who reads for fun makes me weak in the knees.
- Because they read, they are engaging to converse with and they have so many interests! I never get bored. There’s always something to learn, do, discover. I’m a fan of the man who’s more interested in acquiring experiences, skills and learning new hobbies than a man who wants to just have more possessions.
- I like a smart, knowledgeable guy I can learn from. If you haven’t noticed, I like anything that involves change and positive growth. I pursue knowledge/understanding/wisdom like most Americans pursue material wealth, so I’d rather have a guy by my side who can feed my brain instead of giving me jewelry or taking me to exotic locales. Really for me, a nice picture is just as satisfying (if not more) than actually traveling to the place.
- Glasses. Love my men in glasses! Especially rimless ones. wow.
- My best friend is a nerd (my brother) and he’s the one and only person I never get tired being with, so I figure I like that fact and want someone like him.
- I’m a flighty, right-brained, outgoing, adventurous, creative type. I flock to the opposite: the stable, left-brained, shy, loves routine, logical and analytical, loves numbers type.
- They’re usually humble. Most men who fall in this category are there because they have gone through a humbling experience. I know right now nerds have their appeal, but there was a time when being a nerd was completely not cool. Most nerds have been through that humbling experience.
- They usually surround themselves with other male geeky friends. Me likes. It really bothers me when I meet a guy who only has female friends. I’m not a jealous type. I just lose a bit of respect for these kinds of guys just because:
I think it’s important for men and women to have close friends of the same gender. It’s too easy to be close friends with women. Women are naturally nurturing and like the whole bonding aspect. I understand that it’s harder to bond with men and build real, genuine friendships with them, that’s why I have more respect for a man who finds those kinds of friendships. To me, it’s evidence that they took the harder road and succeeded.
It proves to me that he has enough testosterone to hang with men.
I’ve had too many friends who’ve had to deal with a guy’s girl best friend who we all knew secretly was in love with him… It’s just hard and almost impossible to take out the sexual element when it comes to male and female relationships. I want to know that when we’re having problems he’s not running off to a woman who could possibly have feelings for him and will give him her biased opinion of the situation based on that.
- They usually like to read directions(thank God!) Not me.
Here’s my brother in a pair: