First, let’s talk about Deanna. If you’re ever in a situation like her where you’re having to decide to be with one guy/girl out of many, (yeah, boohoo poor you) this is what you have to look for: (I’m paraphrasing)
“I had a different relationship with all the men, but there’s one thing I can say about Jesse. He’s the only man I can honestly say I don’t want to live without. He’s one of the best men I know.”
That’s definitely a good sign you’re choosing the right person!
Now for Jesse…
Jesse proved that in the Bachelorette:
1. You can win a girl’s heart by being completely transparent and being yourself.
2. You can do this without making enemies with any of the other guys. (take note Jeremy from this season and Robyn from the last season of the Bachelor)
3. You can beat out the mysterious, hot guy she has great chemistry with (Graham) because in the end, a woman doesn’t want to be with a man who isn’t willing to put his heart on the line. She wants to know you’re sure you want to be with her.
4. You have to know that if you’re getting into this kind of situation, you have to expect that she’s going to be kissing and dating other men and just do your best to focus on getting to know each other instead of showing you’re jealous and insecure. (Graham)
5. It pays to build up the non-physical parts of a relationship before engaging in the physical. He said, “The physical part is the easy part. So if you can build the friendship first, that part will follow.”
6. On the same note, if you wait to kiss her, past the time where she wants the first kiss, you make her want it more! (but you gotta do it without her feeling rejected) (Graham)
7. You should show off what you’re good at when the opportunity poses itself. (but through action not words)Think of Jesse on the four-wheelers. Deanna couldn’t stop saying “Today, Jesse was hot!” Also, remember Jesse pushing her past her comfort zone and showing he’s the man when he took her on the slopes? It was also another reminder that a life with Jesse would also be an adventurous life.
8. You shouldn’t show off by talking though. Women know a lot of men are just talk. Notice the principle of “show don’t tell” when she came to visit him in his home. She noticed the charity he sponsored on the wall. He didn’t have to parade it. At this point, she was probably thinking, Wow, there’s always more amazing things to learn about this guy!
9. Honesty and Humility will get you far. Notice how in the end, Jason was sooo sure he was going to get engaged that day. Too overconfident. On the other hand, during the After the Final Rose Ceremony, Chris asks Jesse, “When did you know?” Jesse responds humbly, “When she said yes.” Jesse said he was dying on the day of the ceremony and was incredibly nervous. He just felt like he was going to get sent home.
10. You gotta have fun. Know that song, “Girls Just Wanna Have Fun?” There’s a reason girls love that song. Because it’s true. If you notice, most of Jesse and Deanna’s interactions were fun and relaxed. There were times when being serious was necessary but Jesse would still make her laugh and feel at ease. Contrast that with her relationship with Jeremy. Dead mother. Dead Father. Critical siblings. “I don’t just want you in my life, I need you in my life,” Jeremy says. That’s a lot of pressure! I don’t think Jesse ever gave her that kind of pressure.
He just showed her he was there for the right reasons.
He showed her he wanted to be with her.
He made her laugh.
He showed her a good time.
He showed her who he was.
Congratulations to the happy couple!