Hello:) Sorry for my absence here. I’m going to be taking a sabbatical from writing here to focus on my fashion and beauty blog, MidoriLei, for an undetermined amount of time. I’ll still be taking phone and email consultations in the meantime, so please don’t hesitate to email me. You can find out more about my services here.
And when in doubt always remember, in any relationship, the key is to speak the truth in love. (Ephesians 4:15)
Remember that love is:
(paraphrased from 1 Cor 13:4-8. Read the original here.)
- Patient and kind– If he or she is is not both, drop them. You won’t find real love there.
- Not envious or boastful– If he or she is possessive, competitive with you, or full of pride and arrogance, run away. You won’t find real love there.
- Not rude– If he or she is rude to the waiter or has a quick temper and becomes rude to others as a result, look elsewhere. You won’t find real love there.
- Not stubborn– If you get the feeling that he or she has the attitude of “my way or the highway,” take the highway my dears. You won’t find real love there.
- Not irritable or resentful – (excuse her once a month for the irritability:) If he or she is perpetually in a bad mood, sinister, negative and holds grudges, pack your suitcase. You won’t find real love there.
- Not happy doing things that are wrong, but is happy when truth and justice wins out – If he or she plots evil, or devises plans that could get people or himself/herself into trouble, don’t stick around to watch the drama unfold. You won’t find real love there.
- Long suffering, believes in the good in you, hopes for the best, and endures all things _ If he or she doesn’t want to work at it with you, assumes the worst of you, and can’t put up with you, pack your belongings. You won’t find real love there.
- Forever – If he or she keeps trying to end it with you, if you’re always on again, off again, stop the chase. If it’s love, real, it’s-you-and-me-against-the-world-until-we-die kinda love, it’s forever.
… but that doesn’t mean you end up with real love.