I saw this article on 20 Things I Wish I’d Known at 20, and thought I’d share! Here are a couple of relationship related parts:
2. Get off the couch. If you find yourself playing hard to get, don’t pretend to be busy. Just be busy.
3. Don’t waste your time. If you have to play hard to get, move on. You’ll know when you’ve found a healthy relationship because it won’t confuse you.
10. You look good. There’s no such thing as the hottest person in the room. Everyone is attracted to something different, so just take those odds and run with them.
15. Sex is personal. Don’t bother with one-night stands if they’re not your thing, and don’t judge people for enjoying them (or not). Waiting to sleep with someone doesn’t make you an uptight prude, and jumping into bed doesn’t make you a spontaneous adventure seeker.
Mighty Girl is so inspiring! She has a “mighty life list” that’s gotten me inspired to write my own. Part of being a great partner is having your own adventures and hobbies and being a person who has interests outside of the relationship. Read her list and you’ll get some ideas of activities and interests you can pursue.
Here’s the start of my list:
Things I Want to Do Before I Die
- If I make it to retirement, I want to be a hip hop dance choreographer instead of retiring
- Ride a vespa in Greece with Nate
- Publish a book
- Stay in Italy for at least a month and live like the locals
- Learn conversational French
- Go to France
- Go to a fashion show
- Create a job where I can work with friends
Do you have a life list?