The other week I was talking to my massage therapist (she knows I write a dating column so she’s always picking my brain) and she told me she knows a guy who cheated on his beautiful wife for another woman who happened to be 60lbs overweight. She was shocked. She didn’t understand.
I told her all women should actually be encouraged by this. It shows just how little we understand a man’s needs. Men don’t cheat for the reasons we might assume.
I’ve thought long and hard about this, and I’ve come up with 5 reasons why men cheat. I think every possible scenario can fall in one of these five reasons. If you can think of others, please comment below!
1. He’s a sex addict and he just doesn’t know how to say no.
2. He’s bored, enticed by a new prospect, and acts selfishly.
3. He’s not getting the respect and positive attention that he needs from his woman.
4. He’s not feeling needed or wanted by his woman.
5. His woman is withholding sex.
(Men actually have a biological need to have sex! Their sperm has to be released. It actually builds up in their testicles. You can read more about it here.)
So, how do you prevent your man from cheating? First things first– don’t marry a womanizer, a sex addict, or someone selfish. Simple right? 😉
Next, make sure you meet your man’s needs for sex, respect, make him feel needed.